Welcome to Healthy Eating: 60 Days to a New You
Welcome to Healthy Eating: 60 Days to a New You! If you’re looking to make a change in your life and improve your eating habits, you’ve come to the right place. In this guide, we’ll be walking you through the basics of healthy eating and providing you with tips and tricks for making sustainable changes to your diet.
What is Healthy Eating?
Harvard Health defines healthy eating as “the practice of making choices about what and how much to eat with the intent of improving or maintaining good health.” This definition encompasses more than just choosing healthy foods – it involves looking at the overall balance of your diet and making informed choices about what and how much you eat.
Why is Healthy Eating Important?
Healthy eating is important for everyone, but especially for those with chronic health conditions. Eating the right foods can help keep your blood sugar, cholesterol, and blood pressure levels in check and can also help you maintain a healthy weight. Eating a balanced diet can also reduce your risk of developing certain types of cancer, heart disease, and stroke.
Tips for Getting Started with Healthy Eating
Getting started with healthy eating doesn’t have to be difficult. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Start by making small changes. Don’t try to make drastic changes to your diet all at once. Start with one or two small changes, such as swapping out sugary snacks for healthier options or adding more fruits and vegetables to your meals.
- Make sure you’re getting the right nutrients. Eating a balanced diet is important, so make sure you’re getting enough protein, carbohydrates, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals from the foods you eat.
- Drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated is key for good health, so make sure you’re drinking plenty of water throughout the day.
- Choose whole foods. Whenever possible, opt for whole foods over processed foods, as they are more nutritious and contain fewer additives.
- Plan ahead. Meal planning can help make healthy eating easier, as it takes the guesswork out of what to cook for dinner each night.
Making changes to your diet can be intimidating, but with the right information and support, it doesn’t have to be. With the tips and tricks outlined in this guide, you can make sustainable changes to your diet and start on the path to a healthier you. For more information, take a look at Harvard Health’s Guide to Healthy Eating.